About Me

My photo
Houston, Tx, United States
Let's be real here... I'm in that annoying new mommy phase of my life where I am tempted to put up a picture of my son instead of myself so EVERYONE will know how cute he is. I'm trying to control it... honest. I have had a pretty life altering year to say the least. It's adjustment time... let's see how that goes.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Mass Hysteria

I get it...Hurricane's are dangerous, they're scary... they can KILL you. Really, I promise, I get it. What I do NOT get is the mass hysteria that grips this city with each hurricane that forms. See, there's this smidgen of common sense I have that tells me to make a hurricane kit, keep it stocked and not have to redo it each time a storm pops up. (Novel idea, huh?) My next argument to reason is that these terrifying storms do this little thing called form... they don't spring up like tornados. You have at least a week to watch it's intensity and progress. Why wait until the day before landfall and rip eachother's hair out in the water aisle? Humans are frantic sheep sometimes... one inthe flack panics and it's contagious until they trample eachother. Who needs an actualy hurricane... all we need is the idea of one.


That being said.. can I come crash at your place Mandy?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

dude, you (and the boys) are ALWAYS welcome here... infact I just got the guest room all nice clean and decluttered and actually a GUEST ROOM.

..and you're right .. people in certain areas should be prepared ALWAYS ...we are hurricane ready and we arent even close to the coast

but geez, Fay, Gustav, Hanna now Ike ... perhaps I DO need to go to church, I wonder if its God's way of telling me this ...