About Me

My photo
Houston, Tx, United States
Let's be real here... I'm in that annoying new mommy phase of my life where I am tempted to put up a picture of my son instead of myself so EVERYONE will know how cute he is. I'm trying to control it... honest. I have had a pretty life altering year to say the least. It's adjustment time... let's see how that goes.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The bane of my existence...

In case anyone reading this hasn't managed to listen to me bitch about my new archnemesis, Pam Mendoza, allow me to remedy that situation.





SO. When David took his upgrade he had never set foot in this city. It was a promotion and that was all he needed to know, really. It was on my recomendation we move into the 1960/Atascocita area on the basis of convenience and proximity to the airport. I , of course WANTED to move to Clear Lake, but it was a ridiculous notion as you well know if you have any knowlege of this city. Anyways, we rented an apartment but that was no place for our growing family. But it's awful hard to buy a house (not to mention stupid) if you are uncertain you will remain in the area... we rented a house....Seemed like a good idea at the time. I unwittingly opened a piece of mail addressed to our landlord (Pam Mendoza) and it happened to be a forclosure notice. (FYI.... I swear.. it was unwittingly. Swear.) EEK... I called David and we agreed to begin househunting... we made hints to Pam we knew what was up, she was all about letting us out of our lease early.. .but she continued to lie. Again, and again, and again. We found a house, planned dto move out on the 30th, paid rent and smiled. For about 3 seconds. On a lovely Tuesday morning our doorbell rang and on our doorstep stood a realtor for Chase bank... the new owner of the home we were living in. Only now we weren't welcome. We were given a small window of time to pack, try to close, and get. the. hell. out.


No such luck, We had till Friday to move, but couldn't close till Tuesday. (I will forever hate President's day... really.... it's a useless holiday.. .you don't even get presents.) Can you say shit? I can.. .SHIT. Doesn't sound like a huge deal but when you have as much stuff (living and inatimate) as we do.... it's a world of trouble.





Here was the "solution" (made amidst more cursing than you can, or ever will imagine)





-Pack everything in a Uhaul and park the Uhaul for 3 days.


-Enjoy a nice crew rate stay at the comfort suites.


-Board 2 dogs and 3 cats at my old clinic.


-Discard a refrigerator and Freezer full of food

-Plus we had to eat out every meal for 5 days









(let me interject.....to add insult to injury.... not just food, but trophies from one of the most sucessful days fishing in Chocolate Bayou ever....) Don't worry... I added a pic. See?


Anyways.. it just kept getting worse. I decided I was recovering the losses... sounded reasonable.... So I email her the total and asked to be reimbursed. She ask for reciepts.... Like I have been the one lying here... oh well, I had 'em, I sent 'em. Now she is starting to be a bitch and I am certain we will never see a dime.

My point is basically this... I HATE not having control of situations. And I have none over this, we really took it up the rear and I am being eaten alive with desire to go see her face to face in Laredo. Someone talk some sense into me. Or just promise to bail me out of jail...

KB

1 comment:

Mandy said...

**** raises hand and waves it around **** I can say SHIT too


you see, your first problem was that you didnt relocate to the woodlands!!!

that all sucks big time .... BIG TIME ... perhaps we should have set up a paypal account;) {this will now be my answer to any SHIT (see I said it again) involving in ANY way CHQ/REP ... set up a paypal account!!!}