About Me

My photo
Houston, Tx, United States
Let's be real here... I'm in that annoying new mommy phase of my life where I am tempted to put up a picture of my son instead of myself so EVERYONE will know how cute he is. I'm trying to control it... honest. I have had a pretty life altering year to say the least. It's adjustment time... let's see how that goes.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Just a minor irritation

I realize there are alot of deadbeat dads out there and that I have a great husband who is an excellent father... BUT... when he is home and takes his son to Lowes or something the cashier, random women etc. gush to him how WONDERFUL he is for taking his infant son with him. Of course he comes home and tells me expecting a pleasant response. Not so much. This basically irritates the shit out of me. Who ever tells mothers they are the best person breathing for taking care of their child? It's my job.. I don't expect kudos. But why does society reward men for doing and acting like they are supposed to? It ticks me off. Vented.. thanks.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

OR ... when you go to the store ALONE and leave the baby/kid with them and they call you every 5 secs telling you what they just did (IE changed a diaper) .. like you're suppose bring them home a trophy or something ...

Katy said...

yes... that too! And distract you so much you don't ever get everything you planned on and you end up having to go back with the kid/baby anyway??