About Me

My photo
Houston, Tx, United States
Let's be real here... I'm in that annoying new mommy phase of my life where I am tempted to put up a picture of my son instead of myself so EVERYONE will know how cute he is. I'm trying to control it... honest. I have had a pretty life altering year to say the least. It's adjustment time... let's see how that goes.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Full circle.

So I caught some flack for being a loser and not even being able to keep up with a measly blog. How do I even have friends left? I certainly can't seem to ever answer my phone. Point is, here I am, forgiven?

We've all seen in the news recently the polygamy colony freakshow. I can't seem to get over the twistedness of it all. Mostly because of the children. Which brings me to another topic.. one which I truly had planned on blogging over. I watched this movie, Gone, baby gone. It's a well made movie, excellent, in fact...but if you do see it be prepared to be disturbed as I was. (And maybe read this after seeing it, the following will ruin it) The basic premis is that a child is missing and the family hires private investigators to assist the police and them in locating her. The mother turns out to be a drug runner and you are led to believe through the exchange with her kidnapper that she dies. As it turns out the police chief lost his child to murder and he has set up a ruse to steal the child. He asks the question "Isn't she better off here?" Well.... yes.... the mother was a piece 'o' shit. But, who is he, I or anyone else to decide what is, in fact best for a child? When does nature, where a child naturally wants it's mother, get trumped by what society deems is best for the child? Those who know me can probably guess why this is hitting close to home. Secondly, as a subplot, one of the kidnapping suspects is a pedophile. When another child goes missing and the PI fings him dead and raped in the house of the pedophile, he loses it and shoots the creep. (After vomiting.. it truly was an awful scene) Later at the hospital, where he is racked with guilt, one cop asks him would he do it again? He says no. As a catholic, he states it's a sin. True, murder is evil. But honestly, had I been in that situation, I feel like I would have done the same thing. And done it again. So when is wrong, truly WRONG? Maybe it was having a child that makes me insane over the now, but I get livid thinking about people who can hurt children. And it happens daily. I think I am starting to believe in capital punishment.

Especially for people like this:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3912395

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5541849.html


Anyone ever heard of "safehouses"? I know so many people who want, and deserve children. Yet here they are childless while useless human beings are giving birth all over the place. I have been having some nightmares to rival all nighmares. Let it be said, if anyone ever hurts my boy... you will all be welcome at my murder trial.


Ps. I'd like to throw in a shoutout here to my brilliant friend Emily, who is an esteemed employee of this fine laboratory. Who just so happen to be doing some important work right now:

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/texas_12804___article.html/samples_children.html

Mandy... how do I put in the cute little hidden links that you always do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i suppose you're off the hook since i got a shout-out and all...

Mandy said...

when you are in writing/editing mode write the word you want for the link then highlight it then click on that cute little globe thing close to the spell check ... a little box will come up and you insert the link there


anyway, dont think I could watch that movie but this whole cult thing is very disturbing. I just want to shake those woman back to reality but I realize its not as simple as all of that! and one thing I have been thinking about lately is how they keep refering to it as a religion .... but now I think it has nothing to do with religion, the men are just using "religion" as an excuse to be the biggest kind of asshole and get what they want .. control ...and they do it by using "religion" as their reasoning