About Me

My photo
Houston, Tx, United States
Let's be real here... I'm in that annoying new mommy phase of my life where I am tempted to put up a picture of my son instead of myself so EVERYONE will know how cute he is. I'm trying to control it... honest. I have had a pretty life altering year to say the least. It's adjustment time... let's see how that goes.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Make it LAST, thanks dad

I was thinking last night about one of my dad's claim to fame. (He is a hero in his own mind by the way) History; My parents have been married since their teens, what is now going on 35 years. They meant their vows.

Regardless... Ages ago.. On a drive home from work one day, Dad was listening to the radio and the dj asked listeners to call in and tell what makes their marriage last... Dad is really into clever anologies, anagrams etc... So, he came up with this.. it's my parents relationship gospel.

To make it last, you've got to make it L-A-S-T

L- listen to eachother

A- apologize

S- share eachother's interests

T- touch


Clever, huh?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

cheers to your da (and mom)!!